Friday, August 22, 2008

More Trinity River pics 8-22-08

You almost got my equivalent of a blog voice-mail message. Today and yesterday have been pretty uneventful, yesterday Larry washed the outside of the trailer and I cleaned the living areas carpet. We aren’t obsessive about things being clean, but cleanliness and tidiness when living in a really small space just make life more pleasant.

Spots have been blooming on our carpet ever since the cherry cobbler debacle, I can’t remember if I ever shared that with you….I’ll have to look back. I really wanted to steam clean the carpet and I borrow our daughters, but not having any plans to be close any time soon I went out and bought a can of Resolve foam cleaner and it did a stupendous job! My sister reminded me that there are hand held steam cleaners on the market now and I will have to be on the look out for one…it would be ideal for our small carpets.

Today after my workout, which I changed up almost two months ago, we walked into town so I could get a latté…yum. It was back up into the 90’s today and humid, but very little smoke. We will be here one more week, but the operation is winding down quickly now.

I thought I would share some more pictures of the small piece of the Trinity River we were next to a few days ago. It is very pretty even with the burned out areas, the water is so incredibly clear that you can see all the rocks and textures of the river bottom. It is a favorite with fishermen, gold-dredgers and kayakers. The last picture is of Weaverville from a nearby mountain pass.

No comments: