Friday, April 01, 2011

Spring Shots 4-1

A third of the year gone...  Time has been very odd for me this year.  Things that just happened seem far away and in the blink of an eye way more time passes than I think and nothing ever seems to be that far off....as present as I try to be, it all seems to be flying by faster and faster.




Any way...another lovely day in the 70's.  I was out just as the sun was rising over the hill when the light is so pretty and snapped a bunch of pictures.  I initially went out without the camera...silly me, right now with all the birds and wildlife and flowers....I can't really go out or look out a window without having the camera in my hands.  I can glance up in time to see a turkey run by, look up to see a hawk performing acrobatics on the thermals, see a pair of ducks fly in low to land and hang out on the little stream or notice a frog peaking up at me out of an old gopher hole. 








We noticed these pretty blue flowers blooming under the trees...we saw one plant and after looking around found a whole clump of them.  There are little wildflowers blooming all over the place.  The oak trees are putting on their new leaves and look quite lacy.

We dug three more enormous holes today for the last three rose bushes.  Fortunately we started on the one that was in the rocky area..at least three large rocks and numerous smaller ones.  The clay we took out of the holes we carried over to the three fruit trees to make water dams for them.  These roses were in fiber pots which is really nice because there is no shocking them by removing them from the pots...you just put the whole thing in the ground and they decompose.






This and the following pics are of the glowing new oak leaves


No comments: