Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cloudy Spring 4-19

The last couple of days these turkeys haven't been far from here.  I find them interesting to watch...Larry thinks they are ugly and need to find somewhere else to hang out.  Yesterday the boys saw me standing in the window and just walked right over and gave me the eye waiting for me to feed them...I even opened the window to see if they would move away...nope.  You can see how worried they were about us.



The deer showed up and the turkeys puffed up to threaten the deer...the deer looked  curiously at the turkeys but they weren't scared of them.  The turkeys just moved along with the deer like they were herding them along.  Today one of the boys stood out in front of the house next to the driveway and if the neighbors drove by he gobbled at them...crazy beasts.  Later I caught him having a nap.


The bucks are growing out their new antlers...some are already a few inches...seems weird to drop their antlers only to grow them right back.  Found these little wild iris in bloom, there is a large patch of them I have had my eye on but they aren't blooming yet.






No comments: