Monday, April 04, 2011

Uncle Dan & Aunt Gretchen's 50th 4-3

Here are the rest of yesterday's pictures.  Uncle Dan is my Mom's youngest brother and Mom would have loved to have been there to celebrate with two of her favorite people in person, but I am sure she was there with us in spirit.  It was just a small intimate gathering and they didn't know we were coming...it was fun being a surprise.  I wish I had gotten pictures of my cousins with their husbands...I completely spaced that....another time.  Aunt Gretchen shared with me that she was wearing the same lovely dress that she had worn 25 years before at her parents 50th anniversary...I bet she could have gotten into her wedding dress too, she doesn't seem to look any different.  Debbie and Darcy had written a great poem that they read to their parents, and there was one lovely anniversary dance...Uncle Dan is still pretty light on his feet, though Aunt Gretchen wouldn't allow any dipping..haha.
Debbie, Valerie, Darcy


Darcy, Debbie, Gretchen & Dan



My crafty cousins...real roses, Elmer's Glue and glitter.

Debbie & Darcy reading their poem
Uncle Dan & Aunt Gretchen listening







No comments: