Friday, May 29, 2009

More Rock!!! 5-29

More yard work today...spreading gypsum and compost in the new flower beds.

We had the exterminator spray all around the house...now we are in the "dead zone", but it is really nice to sit on the porch or patio and not have your toes bit by ants or have to brush them off of you. He rousted a black widow out of the garage...I didn't wait for her to die from the poison...I squished her....I really dislike spiders.

More rock was delivered today and we got started moving it a wheelbarrow at a time during big wind from a thunderstorm that was passing over us so we were covered in rock grit. What is sad about all this...about the time my muscles adapt to all this work and I get buff and toned...we'll be done and I probably won't pick up another shovel for another 5 years or more....oh, was I sounding sad?!....NOT! It is nice to have plants to watch grow and bloom and I enjoy deadheading the flowers in the evening or first thing in the morning. It should be cooling off a bit the next few days which will be good for the new plants, I have had to water them twice a day it has been so hot and drying with the wind.

I am tuckered out...ta ta for now!

No comments: