Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Solstice 12-22-07

Today is my favorite day of winter, the first day of winter, the winter solstice, and with it being the shortest day of the year it means that starting tomorrow the days start getting longer….YAY!

Winter is probably my least favorite time of year, but I can appreciate it now for it is a time of rest, reflection, incubation and planning. I don’t really like the cold, but I can wear my knit scarves, sweaters and favorite heavy shirts. I can stay inside doing quiet things; reading, knitting, crafts and napping…smile.

We finished our shopping a few days ago and surprisingly there wasn’t a frantic run over your neighbor atmosphere anywhere we were. We had Seth for the night again last night, he was really wound up having had a Christmas Party at his day care. I think the daycare provider “sugared” him up before sending him home…revenge.

Yesterday we had almost a full day of sunshine, the first since we have been here in Albany, a little over a week now. Today it is back to wind, rain and cold.

The first picture is of Seth and Larry on “Seth’s” bed in our trailer. The second picture is of the Slavedriver Seth holding the yarn I am knitting his blanket with…he’s helping, and every time he sees me doing something besides knitting he asks me why I’m not working on his blanket, I started it on Tuesday and I’ll be finished tomorrow, pretty quick! The third is a reversible baby blanket I crocheted last month for friends having their first baby. The last two are projects I’ve done the last couple of weeks, the blue and yellow blanket that I knit for Ian and two cards I made for my nieces.

No comments: