Friday, July 07, 2006

Hills & Pirates

Wow, it stayed warm all night. The low was 73 and at 6 a.m. it was 75. We left on our walk at 7:15 and it was 78. The only thing that saved me was the clouds kept the sun from cooking me. Even with the heat and humidity I was able to hoof it up the hill with only two teeny stops. For me it is the sun that zaps me. Last night I was trying to get Larry to figure out the grade that we have been climbing so you could get a sense of what I have been whining about. Then we remembered our GPS and took it with us this morning. We knew it wasn’t nearly as far as we normally walk, (3+ miles, depends on where we are) but it was shorter than we expected, it was only ½ mile. But the grade averaged 18% and in a couple of spots it was 30%. So going straight up and down really slows a body down. This pic is of the meadow at the top of the hill. We can see east out to the prairie, but most days the haze is too bad.

This afternoon we went into Rapid to mail a few things and go to Lowe’s. We are putting in a drop down table on the bare wall by the bathroom door for my art projects. Then we went to the show. Opening day of the new Pirates of the Caribbean. It was good, the special effects were fun, Johnny Depp was funny, but Lar didn’t like the end. Nope, can’t tell you. Lar froze to death in there and had to go back to the truck to get his glasses…I don’t know about these “old men”. After that as all the restaurants nearby had long waits we went to a fast food place for dinner and headed home.


A lovely day. It got up to 92 today but we didn’t notice, we were in the show with the frigid a/c. The sun has set and it is cooling down nicely so looks like it won't be as warm tonight.

No comments: