Sunday, July 09, 2006

Getting ready to roll!

Today was our last walk up the hill. I found half of an arrow head and the monarda meadow was in full bloom, didn’t have my camera. It was cool and overcast but I still had to rest a couple times. Lar was under the mistaken idea that because I would miss it I would want to RUN up the hill…silly, silly, man. It is staying cloudy and cool today. Staying right around 75, might have to get a jacket.

Lar finished my lovely table. Here are pictures of it down and up. Rounded corners too!

Then it was off to Sturgis, put air in the truck tires, washed the truck, its already fueled, stopped for groceries and back home. Got the laundry done, Lar rinsed off the trailer, put in the rugs, put away the slideout stands and I’ve put away my interior pretties. Baked a rum cake to share with our neighbors. Carol has given us dessert twice and salsa, all very wonderful, it is the least we can do. Sounds like a good excuse to eat rum cake to me!!! So the rest of the day we’ll just relax, something we do really well now and finish putting away odds and ends as we finish with them.

Lar decided he was looking a little shaggy so I got out the clippers and sheared him. BBQ’d chicken for dinner, took our little stroll after dinner and the sun came out just in time for us to enjoy it for about 2 hours before it sets!

We are hitting the road tomorrow morning, not sure where we’ll end up for the night. When we are on the road there is always the possibility that there isn’t a shot for the satellite dish, so if I’m not posting, that’s why!

No comments: