Monday, September 17, 2012

Lovely day 9-17

Today was just a quiet, restful day.  Yesterday I was busy sweeping and mopping, laundry etc. and today I was going to make a Costco run, but ack...there is always tomorrow.  It was cooler and I just decided to enjoy the peace.  

Those top red roses are about 5 feet.
Gracie and I took our morning walk and didn't come back all hot and sweaty.  Today was her day for her Frontline flea and tick dose, which means no bath for two days and of course I went out to the garden to bring her in this afternoon and she appeared to have rolled around in the dirt.  In the utility sink for a rinse she went, I will just have to look at the dirt smudge on the top of her shoulders a couple days.

Larry said it was 24 degrees this morning in his home in the Idahoan forest and it topped out around 60.  I forgot to ask him how smoky it is where they are....they are near this fire.   There are about 50 fires burning in Idaho alone, with quite a few in Washington.

Verbena
I did a lot of my favorite things today, read some more of a book on my Kindle Fire, played a little Angry Birds and Bubble-whatever-its-called, crocheted on my summer shawl that has taken the entire summer to complete for some reason, watered, took a few pictures...oh and I won another bit of yarn in another giveaway on one of the Facebook pages of a yarn company I follow....two out of three so far...woo hoo. 



No comments: