Friday, September 21, 2012

Last day of Summer 9-21

It was a beautiful last day of summer.  I went to pilates.  After eight months of building strength, flexibility and alignment and working the legs, arms and core somewhat separately we have graduated to harder whole body exercises, the challenges keep it interesting and seeing improvement is encouraging.  I've come a long way baby!

This series of pictures is from my chair in the garden
this afternoon and of my view...to the left...



After changing and playing with a happy to see me back Gracie it was time for breakfast in the garden.  The goldfinches were at the birdbaths today, a few days ago it was the bluebirds.  I was going to finish fertilizing the rose bushes, but it was so lovely I just decided to sit in the garden and enjoy it this afternoon.  There was a breeze that was the perfect temperature that some times bordered on windy but it kept it from being stuffy.  White clouds were starting to wisp in.  I had a snack, water, phone, camera, KindleFire and my knitting...I was set for a couple hours.  I wish I could do video so you all could have heard the birds singing in the trees around me...the little finches and other small birds get to going and it is so pretty.  

....and around to the right....
The only blight was the quarry was busy all day so every once in awhile I would hear the crash of rocks into trucks, the beep beep beeping of backing up trucks and the steam engine sounding rock crusher/conveyor chugging away below.  You usually don't hear much from them in the afternoon, but I was still hearing back up beeps at dusk so they must have a big order they are working on.

And UP! 
The clouds covered the sky by late afternoon and though they were thin they made it still and heavy feeling.  So I took advantage of the lack of breeze and sprayed the roses.







Larry says it has been cold and smoky and today the smoke was very heavy and ash was falling.  The smoke ceiling is 12,000 feet and reaches all the way to Bozeman...a lot of air traffic is being diverted, there are just a lot of fires raging away in Idaho.  With the smoke so bad there hasn't been any rotors turning Larry says.

These pictures are from a couple days ago, smokier then this today.
Larry's camper home away from home.






That's the helibase trailer with the wind sock and
to the right is the truck/camper behind the tree.  The yurt
is a temporary fire camp office.






No comments: