Friday, May 20, 2011

Lovely day and company 5-20

Today was a glorious symphony of sunbeams and birdsong! 

I was off to the store first thing and then back cooking and assembling my chicken enchiladas and spanish rice for dinner.  I wanted all the cooking part to be done before my cousins arrived...which I did with minutes to spare.  I just had to throw the precooked sauce over the assembled enchiladas and get them in the oven...easy peasy.

My Cousins Linda and Don came up from Pine Grove for the day to check out our new digs.  Linda drooled over my kitchen...I had to go behind her with a towel...haha.  Not really but she did like it a lot...it is wonderful, I have never enjoyed cooking so much as I have since being here.  They got the tour of the garden and the house and Larry and Don spent a lot of time outside talking man stuff about the place.  It was a very relaxing day and fun catching up!

Oh and if your reading this I'm guessing the world is still here...if I had 10 bucks for every time that the world was supposed to end just in my life time.............I could buy a tank of gas!  :) 

By the way, the sun shining through this bearded iris this morning prompted more pictures.  It is amazing how they get two such clear colors on the same plant...hybridizing is amazing.  This one is called Mother Earth.



No comments: