Friday, November 12, 2010

Short days 11-12

I find that myself is quite happy keeping with the flow of the seasons.  A problem though with doing the blog...by the time I usually do it I am brain dead and ready for bed...I am attempting to do it earlier...

Today Larry decided to burn a pile of brush that had been left behind by the previous owner.  After Ian had his four waffles he went out to help.  He had a blast using the drill for the first time removing the screws from an old gate that Larry was burning.  He of course had to throw the boards into the fire and learned from Grandpa why you keep your eyes open when throwing stuff into a fire.  Later he came running in because he tried to pick up a pine cone to throw into the fire, but it was close enough to be really hot so he burned his thumb.  After determining he wasn't going to lose his digit, back out he went.  I ended up dragging branches from a pile way down the hill that were covered by leaves and Larry hadn't noticed but I saw every day out of the windows...Ian was a big help with that too.



It was just a lovely sunny warmish autumn day.  The chef (that would be me) made a wonderful dinner of crunchy fried chicken, garlic mashed yukon gold potatoes and corn...yummy!  The deer made an appearance for Ian, the hawk was soaring around above and creepy praying mantis was hanging out on the hummers favorite bush.

No comments: