Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Colors! 9-29

Woo hoo!  Today I added the three latest colors of Fiestaware to my collection and they are wonderfully fallish colors...Chocolate, Ivory and Paprika...sooooo pretty.  I also picked up four 10" plates for those times when the small is too small and the dinner plate is too big.  There is a shop just up the road in Georgetown called the Frog Pond and they have all kinds of Fiestaware open stock pieces in many colors and the place settings and all at Macy's sales price, so why drive to the big city when we could take a leisurely drive into the mountains, no traffic, no huge parking lots.  I drove so Larry could enjoy the scenery for a change and on the way home we scoped out one of the areas back roads.  I also found that cute little leaf dish with the bird on it in a shop in Georgetown.  Larry says what are you going to put in it?  I said nothing and I got the glancing man look...the one that says I'm nuts and what do we need that stupid thing for....ha ha ha.

It was 98 here again today, I am looking forward to the temps getting back to normal. This time of year I like to be outside as much as possible while the weather is nice and when it is this hot I'm inside with the a/c all afternoon, but I manage just fine...Oprah is on then or I might catch a teeny catnap if my eyes happen to close.  We have really enjoyed sitting out on the deck and watching the stars after sunset or before turning in for the night...it is so quiet then, except for cicadas...noisy bugs.  We really love this place.

No comments: