Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More

Oh, I forgot.  We had company on Thursday...Lou and Vickie came up for the day to check out our new digs and they were bearing gifts...they also brought a Nation's chocolate pie which I didn't get into the picture...it was wonderful....the visit and the pie and I LOVED the stunning orchid plant.  I made a lovely roast beast for dinner, we had a great visit.

Friday I had my hair cut finally....it had been since we were down in Coarsegold...being so busy with the house it wasn't high on my list of things to get done.  Every day we just keep plugging along on projects.  I can see the table top in my art room but I still haven't gotten my yarn organized...almost there.  I need to get in the habit of writing this blog earlier in the day...before bedtime I just get lazy or forget what the heck I had thought about earlier to write and I'm thinking I'm forgetting something here.....hmmm.

Oh on Friday I received my birthday gift from my sister Lori...she sent a bunch of fun things and I have been enjoying the Charlaine Harris, Sookie Stackhouse book series that was the main part of my gift.  I haven't had time to read anything for quite awhile and I have been reading them since receiving them...very entertaining.  I have spent quite a bit of time out on the deck or draped across the love seat inside relaxing and reading. 

Tomorrow will be two weeks in the house and we are starting to get settled in.  It has taken awhile to make the shift from work zone and constantly seeing everything that has been wrong with the place to enjoying all that we have done and appreciating the comfortable home that we have created.  Wow, did we get a lot done in a short period of time...ahhhh, so nice now.

No comments: