Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Happy July 7-3

July is here and clipping right along for us.  The weather has been in the low 90's and the nights cool down nicely so we can sleep.


Yesterday we went to IKEA for the first time ever.  Wow, intimidating at first, but as long as I followed the arrows I was good.  We'll see more the next time we are there I'm sure, but we were focused on the furniture.  We took the truck, just in case, and though we found pieces we want we needed to go back home and measure and think more on what would go where.  After a couple hours there we had a lovely lunch at Chipotle Grill...I love that place.  Larry and I split a Chicken Burrito Bowl and we had more than enough food. 


Then it was off to hunt for new bedding for our new California King bed that is arriving in a few days.  After all these years with a queen we have decided to upgrade.  Finding what I wanted was a challenge, but as always once I saw it I knew it was the one.  I wouldn't have thought of Macy's but Larry suggested it when we didn't find what we wanted at JCPenny.  Well, the one I loved was in the sale bin...one of those bed in bags...which now include throw pillows and four shams and I don't know what all....but the sale price was $79.99...Wow.  The original price on the package was $240.  WELL, the lady rung it up and it came up 99.99 and she told Larry to swipe his card....he said I believe the price is 79.99 and she said really?!  You'll have to show me...which Larry did and so she comes back and rings in 79.99 but was doing something before she did that, which gave us time to read the little sign on the counter...that said basically that if the wrong price is rung up and the checker asks for payment before a correction is made that you get $10 off your purchase.  So we brought that little detail to her attention and she tried to say, no she hadn't asked for payment and we said yes or we wouldn't have commented on the wrong price...so we got the thing for 69.99...a great deal...love those!  I hate confrontation and when Larry confronts these people...I would usually cringe, or say...its all right...let it go.  But menopause has kicked in and I was right with Larry on this lady about the error...I wanted my discount dang it.  :)


Well, I'm pooped and the brain just kicked off so I'll post these few pictures.  Pilates class at 6 p.m. is not good.  I am in my down time by then, but I had limited choices this week, so now I am sore and tired...had a great work out in spite of it almost being my rem time....hahaha.  Have a great Independence Day!


We have the trail cam in the garden...look who is wanting a taste.

This guy was showing his muscle to another lizard.  He was doing
his up and down dance.

This butterfly has quite the "do".


Doesn't she look sweet and precious?

No comments: