Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting settled in 9-15-08

Ah, a night where I caught all of my REM's. The neighborhood here is very quiet at night and dark!

Today was a day of settling in, putting a few things back in the trailer that didn't need to come into the house and getting a few things out of the trailer that I forgot to bring in the house.

Did the laundry too, that is one of the two things I really miss living in a trailer, my own washer and dryer. I can do small loads and be creative with the washing and drying to suit the needs of the laundry that needs doing. When on the road, in the interest of doing full loads and not costing a ton of money I do not sort the laundry, my mother and all the mother figures in my life would be horrified but it works for us. If I have something brand new and might bleed I'll wash it with like colors for a load or two, but then it is wash and deal, but so far we have had no laundry tragedies! I wash the towels with the sheets most times, my towels are way beyond leaving fuzzies on the sheets!

Larry had called all three of the dental offices in Fallon on Friday and based on their responses picked an office to try. We don't have insurance which factors into the decision of who to go with, some insisted on full x-rays and exams. The one Larry chose sounded like one that would suit his needs. He called this morning and they got him in this afternoon. It seems he made the right choice, the Dentist is doing what needs to be done for the broken tooth...a crown, but isn't insisting on a full exam and xrays which Larry doesn't want or need right now. He goes back on Thursday and the crown will take a month to come in for installation!

We made a trip to the Dollar Tree...always an adventure and Walmart...we forgot it was the 15th...a mistake with people getting their checks or vouchers so we were in line forever, but we just spent the time reading the entertaining covers on all the gossip rags. Coming out of Walmart we discovered a car leaking gasoline badly, but even after telling someone and Larry called 911, not much happened. I guess the driver just drove off with the car...I wonder if someone even cleaned up the mess?

So that was pretty much our first full day back in Fallon. The other thing I miss most is a bathtub for taking long soaks in and tonight was my second soak...ahhhhh...bliss!

Now remember, the posts could get fewer with not much going on with us while hanging here in Fallon! I'll let you know when we take a field trip or go to the library! LOL!

No comments: