Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shopping and mowing 8-23


Not much new going on. Lori and I spent the day in Columbus at the huge mall there on Monday. We had a lot of fun. We shop the same way. We spend a lot of time deciding between things, choose, walk around and then put it all back. Lindsay joined us for lunch and we all enjoyed that a lot. I bought some new jeans…in a smaller size…YAY! We were pooped by the time we got home.

Larry had just continued working on the scanning and cataloguing of photos. He gets full credit for this very large job. I’ve helped but he has done the bulk of it. We’ve played the, when do you think this picture was taken, game a lot!

Yesterday we went to the mall in Mansfield. Lori had to exchange something, I needed to get something at VS and then we went to the show. Larry went with us. We saw the DaVinci Code. Ron Howard did a great job! We had all read the book and thought he had stayed very close to the book and did the movie in such a way as to not incite dissension as much as the book did. This was at the $1.00 theatre. What a deal, only a dollar to see the matinee showing of a movie that is current, $1.50 for an evening movie. I suspect we’ll be back.

Today we lazed around and visited. Then Lori and I mowed again. Takes a couple hours even with both of us. We haven’t had much rain lately and the grass was really dry so we were getting dusted in it, yuck. Sure looks nice when its done. So then we had lunch and Lori took a nap and I cooked dinner. Now she is off to work.

Its been humid and cloudy, hoping for rain, but it is looking like it has moved off. We will probably be here until after the Labor Day weekend so entries may not be daily if nothing is going on. I may just post pictures of past places we’ve been like I’ve been doing off and on. If you have any requests drop me an email. I'm sure you have figured out that these are pictures of the Grand Canyon. For me, it was the best thing we've seen on our trip so far! There is just nothing that compares.

No comments: