Monday, August 14, 2006

"Past" weekend 8-13

All weekend we have been busy digging into the past. Working on photographing and scanning my paternal grandfathers stuff and trying to get a time line figured out. Fascinating to us, but not to most of you. He was a Physician and Surgeon in Valley City, South Dakota until his death in 1944. We have his album of photos he had taken during his service in World War I. This is a photo of his medals and the rug was made from his uniform. He had written a lovely story of his early life for an English assignment in college that I am going to transcribe. One thing has led to another and we are going off in all directions now. I’ll be calling my Aunt Millie to help me with my Mom’s stuff.

Can you guess who this cutie is? She isn’t yet two.

1 comment:

Valerie Moniz said...

No, these are my Grandfather Campbell's things and it has been fun investigating the past.