Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fog and Bundt Cake 8-28

Just a quick entry so you can see our “warm” fog. Looks like it should be cold, but it is in the 70’s and no ocean anywhere! Miserably wet today, rained off and on and just humid the rest of the time. Everything; furniture, papers, books, is damp. Yucky.






Today Lori was in Martha Stewart mode again. She had a couple lady friends over for lunch and we ate lunch in the kitchen nook and then had dessert in the dining room on the antique dishes. These Chocolate/Kahlua Bundt cakes were wonderfully decadent! A lovely light salad for lunch so then we could slam the calories on with dessert! After all that leaded coffee (I usually do decaf) and sugar I was full of energy so I gave Lori a massage. Now she knows what a GREAT massage feels like. I am whipped, haven’t given a full body massage in quite awhile, at least I burned off some of that cake!

Some of the trees in Lori’s yard are starting to turn orange at the tips already. I’d like to stay longer, but the weather is telling us we need to hit the road soon. We want to hit the Carolina coast, but that will depend on hurricanes. We’ll keep you posted.

No comments: