Friday, August 16, 2013

A lovely Birthday day!

The day has slipped away from me today, so this is just a quick one to say thanks to everyone for the cards, calls, emails and birthday wishes I received yesterday.

Larry surprised me long distance with my gift that he had hidden in his shop.  A beautiful vintage mirrored frame that I had spotted in town.  It is 8X9 and the opening for the pic is 3.5", the pic of it here doesn't do it justice.






Where we have our breakfast.
That rug I put there for Gracie and you see where
she lays.



I received a birthday call from my Bestie just as I started fixing my breakfast, we talked through my prep and we talked while I ate my breakfast out in the garden with Gracie and the birds.  It was nice of Mary to join me for breakfast even if only by phone!






I then decided that 54 years without ever experiencing what many women consider a treat was long enough.  I got on the phone and made myself an appointment for my very first ever...pedicure.  I LOVE my cute red painted nails and my feet look very pretty, though I kept scaring myself as those red piggies flashed while I was walking.  I'm not sure I totally loved the entire experience, so I'm reserving judgement until I go and try it again.

Then I closed the day off with another first for me, a float on the American River.  My friend lives on the river in Coloma so we walked with the dogs down the slippery slope, my breath hitched when my feet hit the water, I turned and very awkwardly plunked my butt in the middle of the float tube and Gracie flew from the shore into my lap.  I floated for about two minutes and that was enough for me...too dang cold.  It might be better in the middle of the day.  We had a lovely dinner outside with only candle light and the light from the half moon.
You know I can't have a post without a flower somewhere!

A good day!  Thank you.




Tonight's sky after the sun set with the moon already high,
 the bats were winging silently to and fro in the still bright sky
before the hummingbirds left to roost for the night.
Weird to have those two night and day species out
there flying about together.


No comments: