Saturday, August 24, 2013

Uneventful days

Not much happening around here.  This picture is after I finished the mixing and the mixed was baking, making the house smell heavenly.


the broken branch that the land piranha feasted on
at the hilltop
 Beats smelling smoke for sure.  We had the smoke for only about an hour today.  Sadly the fires and smoke make you wish for summer to end, for the rains to come drown them all out so we can get back to breathing again.






I've had some lovely phone conversations the last couple of days.  I've done regular stuff that always needs doing.  I knit maybe two rows finally on my July square, I am way behind on my mystery square project.  I was in a funk for a couple of days, I think I'm out now.  Gracie and I took a couple mile walk the other morning and that is about it.

Today I started reading another book, I have a couple going now and I potted up a couple of plants and I got some writing done.  Oh yeah, I baked four loaves of Z bread.
Zucchini bread!  From one big zucchini





That is one long stem of red roses up at the top.
Tallest bush I've ever had, that's about 8 feet.

A beautiful end to the day

No comments: