Friday, August 02, 2013

Sunny Days

I don't know if you want to hear about the technical difficulties we are having with computers and the phone still, so I won't bore you with the details, suffice it to say that we are ready for a tropical island with coconut shells to hold the mai tai's and leave behind the technology.

Beyond the invention of electricity, I think the single most helpful thing invented that I wouldn't want to give up would be the washing machine, oh and the clothes dryer.  Those machines make our modern lives so much easier and they don't crash, lock you out, do uninvited reboots, or card unmounts.  I also don't have to stand over a bucket to wash the clothes on a washboard.
My "new" vintage bowls!

It was a lovely day though neither one of us got out to enjoy it much.  We sat in the garden for breakfast and that was about it.

These pictures were taken with my phone's camera.

Look at all that pollen on the leaf.

Awesome geometric stuff going on in a sunflower.

The next one getting ready to open.

My cute little five buck yellow vase with
the three tillandsias (air plants) I found at the
garden store yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That unopened Sunflower looks like an alien flower.