Friday, January 04, 2013

Sunny Day!

Smaller needles, better now.
It was icy this morning but in the 30's instead of the 20's.  I went to my Pilates class, and of course as we get stronger we "get" to learn more difficult things....my aching everything.  As my reward I stopped for a Latte on the way home.

More yard work.  As dismal as the yard is looking things are already happening.  I started pruning my roses for the season and noticed the buds swelling and even a few new leaves popping out.  I was pulling weeds and picking up dead leaves out of one of the flower beds and realized in a hand full of leaves I was trying to pull a sprouting daffodil.  The tulips are poking through too.  I'm not used to it here yet.  Winter barely started and Spring is starting to sprout....in the mountains, we didn't see this until April or May.

The sleeping Garden.
There is more clean-up needed and I'll be moving stuff.
Just a heads up my Cousins.  It is only about 8 weeks until the dedication at the LAPD Museum.  When they have the details ironed out...the organizer's are getting together  next week...I'll let you know what's happening.

The kids are coming for a quick over night visit tomorrow from Ukiah...and that's all I've got for now.


Three of the six rose bushes pruned today.

No comments: