Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crafting

Brrr, cold and breezy, so it was an indoor project day.  I saw this gray squirrel crafting its vegetation ball for work on its nest.  They gather it all in their mouth and with their paws fashion a ball out of it all for easier transport.

















Today I got sidetracked with an art project.  I needed a cardboard tube to store my longer knitting needles in.  Larry had one that was too long but he cut it down for me.  It is going to be stuffed in a closet but I decided it needed decorating.  I had some striped gift wrap paper and Mod Podge so I decided to decoupage the tube.  





I ripped up the paper into pieces and got busy gluing with a make-up sponge.  After I finished I decided that all those stripes going every which way was very irritating to look at, so I got my Antique copper and gold colored acrylic paints and toned the colors down with washes of both colors to give it an antique look.  Then I coated with more of the glue finish.  It turned out okay considering I haven't done a project like this since probably grade school.
What's funny about this is that
without even trying this shot
is the exact side of the tube
as the before picture above.




















Yesterday afternoon I finished my super soft mohair scarf.  It is scrumptious!  Very pricey yarn, but I may spring for another color next winter and knit up another one.




P.S. We are doing great with the smoothies, one fruit, one veggie and one mixed with breakfast and dinner in between them.





No comments: