Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Frozen!!!

Larry, Connor, Gracie and Chloe
It has been nastily cold this past week.  It wasn't bad when the kids were here, but nasty cold since.  It rained one night, turned to ice and was foggy/icy when we got up.  It was an icy mess, the raindrops had frozen on the limbs.  It was beautiful but so danged cold I snapped pictures fast and got back in the house.  That was Thursday.  That night before 10 p.m. it was already frozen hard again outside.  Friday morning it was a winter frozen icy wonderland outside.  Everything was covered in white ice crystals.  I didn't have time to take any pictures as I was on my way to Pilates.  My red car was white, coated in crystals almost a half inch tall, the ground had heaved with ice, everything was coated in white ice and it stayed frozen most all day.  Once it thaws the ground becomes slop-o-sis.  Larry has had to wait until noonish to take his hikes.  He came back one day talking about the icy parts, the slippery mud, the cold wind and the next day he asked if I wanted to go with him.  After yesterday's glowing report, I think not, I told him.


We've tried to sit outside on the deck in the sun but the breeze and air was just too cold. It is supposed to finally start warming up this week.



This looks wet but it is ice with the ice pellets frozen on top.

All these frozen pictures were taken on Thursday the 10th.











One of many bluebirds feasting on the coffee berries.  This was through the kitchen window
with my telephoto lens.

No comments: