Sunday, January 20, 2013

Having Beautiful Weather

We are having more normal weather.  It is cold at night, but it is warming up to around 60.  We have been able to have our breakfast out on the front deck again.

Friday I worked in the garden and Larry finished the radio/antenna install on my car.  Our neighbor came to dig up the persimmon tree and take it to its new home.  We were going to just take it out, but our neighbor loves the fruit so much she wanted to see if they could transplant it, hopefully it works.

Saturday I had a lovely day in Auburn with a friend.  We hit the Farmer's Market, an art showing and then had a lovely lunch out on the patio at a cafe that had really great food.  Then I had my hair appointment while my friend hit a couple of shops and then back home.  

Today Gracie got a bath and I raked more leaves in the meadow.  The oak leaves are smothering the grass down there and about once a week I rake up three or four big piles and then Larry scoops them up on a big sheet of cardboard and dumps them across the stream.  Its a great workout.

The smoothie thing is going okay.  We love the fruit smoothies.  The full on veggie one we made tonight was too much...too fibery and it didn't want to go down...not even after I added some pomegranate margarita to the last half that I was trying to choke down.  Gack.  We may eat the veggies the more traditional way and just do greens with some fruit added to compliment the fruit smoothies and slowly add in more vegetables.  Almost drove me to make a pan of brownies to get the taste out of my mouth...Ha Ha!!!!

No comments: