Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yum Yum 8-20

The day started with the howling of coyotes.  Larry had gotten up at seven and about 15 minutes after that the coyotes started their chattering and howling...weird to hear them after the sun has come up.  I was still one with my bed and didn't roll out to see how close they were...the sound can bounce around off the hills here in our little bowl on the hill.

Add caption



I don't know what is up with my cucumbers.  I picked three or four and checked all the vines, moved the leaves around and didn't see any more.  I put the ones I had picked on my table and went back and picked up the hose to fill the red bird bath, looked down and there was another ripe cucumber, then I found another and another!  I told Larry I think they have little cloaks of invisibility and after I put the clippers away the cloak comes off because I do NOT know how I do not see them.  Larry says if thats true we had better get them to the Fair.  Yeah right, they would be like that cartoon singing frog...singing until he gets to the fair and then sits there like a lump.  I am sure the cucumbers would do the same...RUDE!  :)




Dinner today was YUMMY!  If I had a restaurant I would have this on my menu.  A slice of San Luis sour dough cut in half smeared with mayo and ketchup, two Oscar Meyer Beef hot dogs sliced in half length wise and then pan seared, a yellow onion sliced and sauteed in olive oil and then one yummylicious slab of home grown tomato!!!  With a side of fresh from the garden burpless cucumbers (magic of course) dressed with a tetch of Maries Garlic Italian dressing, lemon juice and fresh cracked black pepper!  Kiss of the fingers!



















It was gorgeous weather again...I could leave the house open, it didn't get too hot...LOVE it because then when I am inside I can still hear the birds and the breeze and the rustling of leaves or rocks if a deer or something decides to cruise through.  Heavenly day!

red verbena, cantaloupe to the left, tomatoes behind



My late seed plantings are soon to bloom, Cosmos, two kinds
and batchelor's buttons


robin getting a drink



















petunias
PS  talked to our neighbor on the hill above us today...the bear had broken down his garden fence, the deer got in and ate all his tomatoes and roses...ARGH!!!  I hope the bear doesn't find our garden attractive.  The bear had also gone onto his deck and pooped on the rug right outside the back door.  RUDE!  :)  Which is why I always close and lock the sliding door at night, a bear in the kitchen would NOT be good.

No comments: