Saturday, August 27, 2011

B I G G E R BEAR!!! 8-27

our living flame!
Last night just as I lay my head on the pillow I heard a loud noise, but as I had just sunk my ear into the pillow I couldn't really tell where the sound came from.  So then I was on alert, I tried to relax but I kept hearing something so finally I just got up to see if something was going on inside or out.  Nothing seemed out of place inside so I flipped on the two lights on the back of the house and thought to peer out of the window above the kitchen sink rather than wait to get to the sliding door.  Right below the window at the corner of the back deck...Holy Bear Batman!  It was Papa bear, this bear was alone, bigger and not in much of a hurry and didn't seem to be worried about me and the lights.  I hollered BEAR so Larry would get up and come see.  The bear was at least three feet tall at the shoulder and Larry says a good 300 lbs.  I'm glad I got up and looked becasue I think it made the bear keep on moving...he was getting ready to scope out the grill and had raised his nose up towards the hummingbird feeder which was hanging from the porch covering way above his head.  He would have had to get up on the deck to get it which meant he would have probably broke my lovely new Talavera pot and celosia plant.  Whew.  He either didn't go by the garbage can or the ammonia Larry keeps it sprayed down in is working.  Mr. Bear sauntered over to the back of the Caddie, then on around the far side and then lumbered off across the drive and to the trail that all the beasties seem to take off into the wilds.

It was hot again today...mid-90's.  We did our walk first thing and as yesterday was clean house day today was relax day.  I did swelter out in the sun for awhile in the garden to get pictures...anything for my art, even sweat running down my spine...ew.  The light was really pretty...the sun gets lower in the sky every day.  As August rolls into September fall starts rushing in telling us winter isn't far behind.



Portulaca (Moss Rose)

Love these...more portulaca


pretty pretty hydrangea

No comments: