Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Love you Mom 7-31-07

I was writing the text for my entry about the Family Reunion when I decided to switch gears. I am not a mushy, sentimental live in the past kind of girl, but I guess with the family reunion and being around most all of the people that were so important to me from my formative years I decided I had to do a little tribute to my Mom.













Yesterday was her birthday, she was born in 1937 and on todays date, 17 years ago she died the day after her 53rd birthday of breast cancer at home with many of these same people at her bedside.










The pictures sometimes don't line up with the text so I'll just list the text in the same order as the pictures and hopefully you can figure it out.


The first was when she was dancing and was probably a teenager (I forgot the date and am to lazy to go back and look). The second was when she was dancing in San Francisco in 1963. The third and fourth were from 1977. The fifth was on my wedding day 9-3-77, 30 years ago and the last was taken on 7-29-89 with Lori at the top, Mom on the right and me on the left.
We love you and miss you.


No comments: