Monday, July 09, 2007

Rabbit Rebuttal

You just never know the response you’ll get when you do something unexpected. This picture of the jack rabbit that I posted to this blog a few days ago generated a complaint from a reader:

“What the hell is with that rabbit? Is it dead?! How’d you get so close to it if it wasn’t dead? It looks weird. I kept reading and rereading the blog entry looking for an explanation of the rabbit and there wasn’t one!”

Well, I could say it was just one rabbit showing another rabbit how to freak out a human by playing dead.

I could say it WAS dead, but weird would be putting a picture of a dead animal on my blog. Though I must admit that at least they aren’t moving and WOULD make taking their photo easier. You’ll notice there is a lack of wildlife photos on this blog. The reason for that is that every time I get the camera and just get it focused the subject moves away.

I could say it was a baby rabbit showing how to tuck and roll for a somersault or it is a rabbit doing an imitation of a nautilus.

So for any more of you out there wondering: the rabbit was behind our trailer, I was inside and when I snapped the picture from above it, it had reached down to chew on its leg. Simple. Oh and I cropped the photo in close when I posted it on the blog.

So Michelle, are you happy with the explanation!!??!!

Oh, just in case; the other picture on that days posting was of a deer through the screen door and even though I mentioned seeing wild turkeys, there was no photo of the aforementioned fowl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing my ass off over here. How did I know that was my sister making the comment? So funny. LOL