Saturday, October 29, 2011

Miracle Grow 10-29

I don't know what was in this month's rain but my garden loved it.  After the winds last month had wreaked havoc with everything and my having to heavily prune some of the rose bushes I was really really surprised to see how many of the plants had actually doubled in size while I was gone.  The white rose bush truly bushed out more than double with shiny new red growth and is covered in buds.  I hope it gets to bloom out before more bad weather arrives.  My Merlot bush was covered in the biggest flowers it has put out all season and two of the rose hedge plants are enormous.  My orange cosmos plants look like redwood trees and many other plants doubled also.  The vegetables are done and Larry pulled them out except for the cherry tomato which is still producing a handful or so every few days.  The surrounding countryside has greened up too.  I so love this time of year in spite of the shortening days.

Piper modeling my latest knit creation.
We have been hiking every day since I've gotten home...even the day I arrived home and though my poor legs have protested mightily... the exercise, fresh air and sun have helped detox my body from all that dessert in Ohio and the stresses of traveling.  Throw in a massage and I'm getting back in fighting form.


These Merlot roses are the size of softballs

Look at how big those rose bushes are.

Larry pruned up the cedar trees

Look at all the new red growth on the white rose bush.

See if you can find Valdo in the cosmos, I am standing.



 Some views from our hikes:




an indian mortar rock next to the pond that is spring fed

No comments: