Friday, October 14, 2011

When Mom's Away... 10-14

This dog Piper is a maniac.  Lori works tonight and Piper has already coerced me into more outside visits then she asks for when her Mom is home AND she started into her beserkness while out there, in the dark, dragging me around until I could get my hands on her.  I'm not a weakling but that dog can jerk me three feet before I can blink if I am not prepared...now she is pacing...and tossing her chewy around...sigh. :)

Playing in the shower
Last night after Lori and I went to bed Piper got wound up and started racing all over the place and then up onto my bed and spinning circles and then off around the table and up onto Lori's bed and spinning circles and back and forth she went....we were laughing so hard we were crying until beserko dog tired out.  I had to dig out my asthma inhaler after that....this dog is a nut.  Her paws are the size of my hands so seeing them coming at you at the end of mile long legs with speed demon momentum makes ya a little wary.

Yesterday we got a late start on our plans but Lori the energizer bunny made sure we still got it all in.  We had a wonderful dinner at a little bar/restaurant on Main street in downtown Mansfield...fresh cooked, not microwaved and we both had T-bones and home fried potatoes with onions.  It was the best steak I think I've ever had....yummy, and we had some lovely wine with it.  Then we got in some shopping at a couple of Lori's favorite little boutiques...Purse Snickety, we had cheesecake and coffee at a little dessert cafe and back home around 9 p.m..  (Now Piper is barking and talking to me...lordy, I thought I would get a little rest with my sister at work, but apparently not, now I have to entertain this horse)

Today we had a quiet day inside watching movies, it was really windy and it rained a bit.  I saw an Amish horse and buggy go by at one point down the street which isn't an uncommon sight around here....their farms are sprinkled here and there and several miles away is an Amish community.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day as Lori has to sleep and go to work again tomorrow night.

Lori giving Jaclyn a ride home.









1 comment:

jpgraham said...

Oh, Val, you're crackin' me up. Welcome to the Life of Pi. It's impossible to be angry with her (at least for more than 1 sec.)....she's just too darn cute. She is going to miss you so much when you go home!