Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Sad Garden 10-5

Last night we had heavy wind and rain and as it was early to be getting a storm like that the garden got trashed.  Flowering plants laying flat and some broken, rose hedge bushes that were getting ready to bloom again laying over (mole tunnels had undermined and being top heavy and wet the wind sunk them right over), flowers actually torn and broken off, leaves everywhere.  So we spent a couple of hours tidying that up. 

Tomorrow I have to get up at 3 A.M....ack, to leave at 4 to get at the Sac. airport at 5 a.m. to catch my 6:15 flight to OHIO!  Going to spend 18 days with my energetic sister and her 70 pound puppy...woo hoo.  She is wildly excited and I will be excited when my last plane has landed in Columbus.  We are going to have lots of fun.  I will be taking pictures of course.  Off I go to bed.

Quite a few of those plants stood themselves back up by the end of the day.






We got these tied up and I ended up with a large bouquet of them after taking out the broken branches.

No comments: