Saturday, October 01, 2011

October?! Already? 10-1

These frogs will be sad when I pull out the rest of the zucchini plants.
Whew...in the final quarter of the year already...it was such a short summer.  The last few days have been in the low 90's with today in the high 70's.  We have been doing stuff and enjoying the outdoors while we can.  I got my maple seedling planted in its new home, pulled out a couple of zucchini plants and deadheaded all the rose bushes and dahlia's.  It is amazing how everything is still blooming away. 
I have also been busy getting my ducks in a row before leaving for my Sister's on Thursday...figuring out what I want to bring, house tidied and projects to work on while traveling and when Lori is at work.  I'll be there over 2 weeks...the longest I have ever been away from home at one time.  I know for me it will fly by and will make October disappear because it will be mostly gone by the time I get back home.  I am excited to see autumn back east.  Larry decided not to go this time and we'll miss him but Lori and I are excited to have our first alone sister time ever. 

Rain is predicted and cooler weather the first few days of the week, so tomorrow it'll be another outside day before we will be stuck inside.

The rose vines have made it to the top on the right.



No comments: