Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sunny, busy day 12-30-08

Good Morning Uncle Gene!

Today started out cold...31 but it was clear and sunny. It eventually got up to 55 and with no wind it was practically balmy compared to what the last few weeks have been here.

Larry spent the morning hammering away on the computer...it seems his email address disappeared into cyberhell and he is figuring out a new address. While he was doing that I did my morning workout...cardio, weights, and abs. Later we had our toast and peanut butter for breakfast.

Larry took the truck over to the car washing station that they have here in the park. It is very nice...a concrete pad, hose and water of course, and then an assortment of brushes, bucket, nozzles, etc. Larry just had to bring his soap and towels. They also have an air compressor there so he could air up the tires again for hauling the trailer.

While Larry was doing that I was scouring, disinfecting and polishing the bathroom floor, toilet, shower and sink. The problem with working out sometimes is that I then have an abundance of energy, so I cleaned a few screens, washed down the fronts of the kitchen cabinets, vacuumed, swept the floor, dusted the mini-blinds and tidied up.

Then Larry was on the phone and computer all afternoon putting together an order for the new communications trailer that he is helping with. In between phone calls we had home made butternut squash soup that I had thawed out earlier with crescent rolls...the refrigerator variety. After that I took a walk in the sunshine while it was still there...Larry was back on the phone and the computer.

Now the sun is setting and I am ready for a nap! To early to go to bed though so I'll work on the scarf I started knitting last night and have ripped out three times trying to decide on what I want. First I thought the needles were to big, then I went to smaller needles and I had too many stitches, then after ripping that out I went with less stitches, but that wasn't working for me either, so I went back to the big needles I started with, which I feel is the best for what I want so I'll probably finish that tonight while watching mindless drivel on T.V. I'll read a few pages of my book here and there to give my hands a rest, I'll take a shower and put on my jammies and do more of the same until we go to bed.

So, Uncle...how exciting was that? Tee hee! I'll have to get better and remember to take pictures...so be warned!

No comments: