Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grounded 12-10-08


I forgot to mention the earthquake we felt while I was posting the last entry…our first night here. On the news they called it an aftershock to some earthquake that happened two years ago. This “aftershock” we felt was a 5 and centered east of Barstow, CA.

I felt the trailer shaking, but thought Larry had moved around doing something…I was typing away on the computer at the kitchen table when he asked me if I felt all that movement. Well yeah, I guess I did as we were still moving and we were moving pretty good.

Sunday we were clouded over and got some rain…the mountain range to the east was all snow covered.

Monday night we got 25 to 30 mph winds, and in a trailer you feel those, so sleeping was kind of fitful.

Larry got a phone call on Monday to work a burn at Ford Ord near Monterey, CA. He had gone all the way over there just over a month ago from Fallon and turned around the next day because they cancelled. Here in Pahrump he was another hour and a half drive further away, but he decided to go.

He left early Tuesday morning and will be back Saturday or Sunday. I am grounded here in Pahrump with all this sunshine. I have plenty to keep me busy…my knitting, reading, painting, TV, taking walks around the RV park. I cleaned and did laundry yesterday. When I’m home alone I clean all those things that get overlooked, like closet door tracks and window frames and tracks and all the weird nooks and crannies that are in a trailer. If I get real adventurous (bored) I will clean the mini-blinds…a dreaded job.

So that’s it for now. I had a profound thought yesterday…didn’t write it down and then later in the day tried to remember what it was I had been pondering and couldn’t remember….still can’t! I’m told this is a side effect of “the change”…change into what?! Very scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - you are always so entertaining. We are packed up and ready to go, as the weather here is turning bad. Hope Larry gets back over those Mtns this weekend.
Love you!
from your favorite cousin :)