Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kalispell and Whitefish 8-21-07

Today we drove around Kalispell and Whitefish checking out the other RV Parks in the area. We like the one we are in the best. I found a metaphysical book store and browsed around and talked shop with the owner. We did the Walmart thing and then we drove up to Whitefish. It was slow going on highway 93…BIG construction, they are building a 93 bypass around Kalispell. We drove around Whitefish a bit, had lunch, stopped at Safeway and then headed back home on highway 2. The clouds were really low most of the day, but they were moving out by dark. This first picture is of Whitefish.

We had a lovely evening with our friends Don and Tracy, they ran the best restaurant ever in Chester and when Don decided to try his hand at retailing he moved into my space and bought a lot of my fixtures when I closed my business.

As these pictures show they have a lovely home with stunning views of the mountains and on clear days can see into Glacier National Monument. They have a great garden and their neighbors across the street are trees and wildlife. I wish I had thought to take a picture from the road so you could see their entire property. The inside of their home is warm and cozy and we recognized a few pieces of furniture from the store. Some of you might recognize Don’s bar if you study on it! Tracy is 25 weeks pregnant and doing great! They are having a girl. Hmmm, I forgot to ask if they had her name picked out yet, hopefully its better than Dingus or whatever the name was that they had given their cardboard baby.

Tracy fixed us a wonderful dinner a la Creekside Grill; grilled garlic pork loin, yummy carrots, garlic Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and grilled garlic bread…YUMMY. And Goddesses, eat your hearts out…she made my favorite, Chocolate Decadence for dessert. I insisted on a moment of silence upon my first bite…heaven! A home made latte with my little slice of heaven, did I mention it was the best and the latte was in a Fiestaware cup! I miss my Fiestaware, when I am near a Macy's I go into the dish department to visit the Fiestaware until someday when mine can come out of storage.


So thanks again you guys, it was great seeing you both again and looking relaxed and happy! Oh, the dog is Huckleberry who is ten now and moving a little slower. The picture I took of Don and Tracy on their deck washed out the mountains behind them which you can see in the picture before that.

No comments: