Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Three Years

Today is the three year anniversary of taking ownership of our "Cool Haven".  It has gone by quickly, we've accomplished much and we are enjoying the heck out of it.

One activity that has been taking up some of my time lately is I have recognized that I am a writer and that I am going to work at getting something published.  I have had people tell me I should write a book about various things I have talked about and I've always pushed it into my I could never do that box.  Well, good grief!  What the heck has this been?!  I have been writing this blog now for seven years!  Wow.  I started it in South Dakota, June of '06.  One thousand, three hundred and forty five posts up until today.  Some have been short and just the facts jack and others were informative and blah, blah, blah...the point is I have been writing.  This added onto the notebooks of stuff I've written all over the place.  So I've been researching the writing/publishing field, educating myself and writing.  I've been giving thought to starting another blog for that purpose, but we'll see.

This morning I had another magical moment with a hummingbird.  I was watering the deck pots when a hummer landed on top of the wire fence below the deck.  She looked up at me with a look of expectation ( don't laugh, I just knew ) and I slowly moved the spray over to her.  She didn't fly off so I let it sprinkle her and she lifted her beak into it and started ruffling her feathers.  Well, she had the most joyful shower.  She fluffed and shook around in the water.  After about a minute I started thinking about all the water I was using to shower one teeny tiny bird (always practical, even in the magical moments) and I shut off the water.  She shook off, ran her beak through her feathers, preened and then flew off.  A great way to start my day.

The full moon was beautiful last night and as we were heading into bed the clouds were giving us a light show, lightning was going off all over the place and we could hear a rumble or two way off in the distance.

Life is great!

We've come a LONG WAY baby!  :






No comments: