Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bye July

The other day  I was feeling blue; at the time I thought it was for no good reason.  I'm not one to remember the people who have died over my lifetime on any certain date.  I don't look at the calendar and think, this was my Mom's birthday this month.  Even as time passes and it is the anniversary of that date, unless I happen to glance at a calendar the significance may or may not register with me.

Larry talked to his Mom this past weekend and she sent me her love because she was thinking of me as this was my Mom's birthday month.  I was surprised because I hadn't given it any thought.

 I had a mini melt down a couple of days ago, feeling edgy and blue, crying for no good reason.  When I asked myself why, I figured it was because I wasn't doing something I have been procrastinating over.  I felt like I had the answer and could move on.  I am working through that issue but still wasn't feeling I had figured "it" out.

During a conversation this week with my sister Lori, she said she was having a hard time this week/month because of Mom's passing.  I said, I hadn't given it much thought.  The point I'm working towards here, is that even though you think you may be over something or it isn't registering on your conscious radar, "IT is there" causing a disturbance.

1962
Why this year so much?  I'm guessing that it might be because today I am still 53 years old.  Yesterday was the 23rd anniversary of my Mom's 53rd birthday and today is the 23rd anniversary of the day she died from cancer.  Explanation for my edginess solved.  I cried a lot putting these photos together, I guess I'm just like everyone else and human after all.

I love you Mom and though I know you are with us always, I still miss you!


1962 and behind us still

March 1963, our backyard in Chatsworth

March 1963

March 1963


Summer of '64, Clearlake, CA

1964




1957

No comments: