Monday, April 16, 2012

Not Much Happening 4-16

The rains finally stopped, everything is growing like crazy and we are supposed to be 80 Friday or Saturday so I expect by Monday the weeds will be like three feet tall.  I finally finished Ian's afghan, as much as I dislike working with this particular yarn it is soft, heavy and warm.













It looks awfully good on my couch!






















Today we ventured into town for new library books, plants and groceries.  I wanted some different violas, which I found and I also chose a peony, three different colors of carnations (Larry's favorite) and yellow tiger lily bulbs.  The drive in and out of Auburn was so pretty with all the bright new greens and the splashes of color from the redbuds, lupines and California poppies.  The big old cherry tree and wisteria at the library were in bloom too.  Pictures you say?  Well I left the camera at home...oops.  The next couple of days I'll be planting, transplanting and fertilizing.
This isn't a very good picture, but
I wanted Lori to see the tulip and show off my pretty vase, I had
polished the silver base.



No comments: