Monday, February 27, 2012

Jeez, Another Week Gone 2-27

Here I am again with another week gone before posting.  We had good weather up until yesterday and now winter has decided to raise its chilly, wet head.  We don't want a repeat of last year...snow on the fruit tree blooms, which resulted in not a single plum.


Larry got all the rest of the rose bushes' wells dug out and mulched.  They are very happy and vigorous, I am looking forward to lots of stunning blooms this year.  I won't have to be so stingy cutting them to bring them inside.


My Pilates is going well.  I am making great progress as long as the old bod cooperates.  I was really sore last week, but not necessarily from the exercise...who knows, it could have been something I ate or the way the planets were lined up.  I am getting stronger and really noticing how we sink into our pelvis's if we don't have a strong core...meaning tummy muscles.  Without a strong foundation so many alignment problems arise and we use the incorrect muscles to propel our frame through the day and create pain.  I am just hoping that I will maintain this path throughout the rest of my life because I can clearly feel and see a difference.


This past week I have been really busy with getting ready to get back into doing professional massage therapy again.  I've had two invitations of locations from two different people in the past year.  I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go back into business, but the second offer will take me in a better direction.  I still have my portable table, but had to get sheets, towels, oils, business cards etc.  I am looking forward to providing healing to people again.  I will be working in a peaceful, controlled private location.  This will be the first time since becoming a massage therapist that I won't be maintaining a "public location".  I won't be decorating and maintaining anything.  I will have to transport, set up and break down each day, but as I won't be doing it 5 days a week it shouldn't be too bad, it will be very part time.
Tulips peaking out, dutch iris already tall.


So that is about it for us this week.  I'm guessing it'll be another week before I get back here.  I thought I would post some pictures of the garden in its breaking out of winter state.  Watching these rose bushes leaf out is exciting...see, doesn't take much to thrill me. :P




This kumquat was here, we don't do anything with the fruit and I was going to have Larry
dig it out and put it in a pot so I could "bonsai" it.  But we decided to try
pruning it in place for now and see how it likes that.

It was shading and restricting the growth of
one of my rose bushes, so I flattened it out with
some heavy pruning.

This is Tuscan Sun



This plum tree is loaded with millions of buds.

We hope it gets to bloom out completely this year.

No comments: