Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Missed It 9-6

I just don't think to haul my camera around with me every minute and while having our breakfast out on the deck I missed a really cool picture.  A hummingbird was poking at the orange mission bells in the pot on the deck when suddenly a large praying mantis came rushing down the top of the bronze leaf at the top left of the flower pot just above the orange flowers (if you look hard you can see it under that leaf).  I think it must have been going after the hummingbird as every time they see me they go hide.  It took a stand on the leaf and the hummingbird saw it and they had a stand off going for about a minute....ack, would have been an awesome picture...hummingbird versus insect.

While working on the laptop out on the deck after breakfast I did have the camera and got a few shots of the light shining through the oak leaves....so pretty and this hummer talking away behind me in the oak tree.  At one point I heard a deer cough, scared me to death as it was practically right under me, never a dull moment around here, it was below the deck and hadn't seen me.  They don't really care about us anymore.


No comments: