Thursday, September 08, 2011

Dog Days of Summer 9-8

It just doesn't feel right typing 9-8 already, over a week of September is gone and summer is waning after it barely seemed to start.  I don't have much to share, we are just doing the usual.  I feel mean watching the deer stand with their faces pressed against the garden fence knowing that their feed is scarce right now...they must have taken guilt lessons from my kids :)

Supposed to be 99 here tomorrow, but ever single time this summer that high heat has been predicted it gets downgraded as the day wears on.  If it holds I figure I can bear one really hot day.  I've adapted, not using the air conditioner helps a lot, I'm not going from cold air to hot.  We open the house up early, it cools down, we close it up and it stays about 10 degrees cooler than outside.  Doable.


No comments: