Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spring Already? 1-22

A beautiful sunny Spring-like day today, the breeze that cropped up was even warm…very very nice. Larry is organizing his shop/shed and I worked on my poppy painting some more. Had the windows open with the fresh air wafting through the house…LOVE it.




It has been like three days I think since my last post and we still have cookies left…shocking! I have been trying not to Hoover them all up in a day and there are still some left for tomorrow.



Yesterday we went into Auburn and did our errands. We try to store them up and go together, with the price of fuel and everything…we just try to be economical. I discovered a lovely girlie store when picking up some new face moisturizer, found my hairspray and in the same strip mall I spied an artist supply store….Nirvana! Every kind of art supply for artists…paper, paints, brushes and all the accoutrements. I will be going back there…Larry and the groceries were in the truck…half of the store was a gift store…so a fun place to explore.



Oh, and I came home with another orchid from Home Depot…come on…eight bucks…how could I resist…that is one bouquet of cut flowers. Thirty years ago I could only yearn for an orchid plant, they were pricey. Now with hybridization and growers they have become abundant and are easier to care for.



We took the scenic route home, over the Foresthill Bridge and around to 49. It is a really pretty area we decided to live in and we are immensely grateful that it worked out for us to be here.

After a lovely dinner of fresh coleslaw over avocado slices, oven fried chicken strips and potato wedges…all made from scratch I might add…nary a package to be found we hiked up over our little hill and followed a deer trail until we decided we didn’t want to go any further…enough of a stroll for me.
Looks like a sci-fi beast!

Now to watch the sun set and sink into my squishy recliner with my book for awhile, ahhh the good life!




I'm done messing with this...looks better in person.

No comments: