Sunday, January 23, 2011

Invisible raking 1-23

I started the morning getting my homemade apple/bran/chocolate chip muffins mixed and in the oven...grating the apple takes the longest.  While they were baking I did my 25 minute workout...I started exercising a week or so ago...yucky, but necessary.

It was overcast most of the day today but still nice.  I decided to rake oak leaves, mostly to add to Larry's burn pile to help it burn.  I wanted to rake them all but Larry pointed out that they were probably keeping the weeds from growing...which appears to be the case, but they are very slippery layered like they are.  I raked up a few piles and worked on getting the buried sticks picked up with the leaves and tossed big rocks out of the way for future mowing.  I took this picture this evening and you can not tell that any leaves had been picked up at all...those green areas were already like that, I was raking where there are still lots of leaves.  I would have a pile the size of a car if I raked all the leaves.
The leaves mixed into the pile of limbs and sticks

Larry worked on the mower, it was having some kind of problem.  When we quit for the day we sat on the front deck in the weak sunshine reading our books and discussing what we want to do with the deck railing and front yard.  This warmer dry weather makes us antsy to get stuff done, but we know Mother Nature is just messing with us.

Another sunset picture...I love the shapes these trees make against the colorful sky.  As the sun moves with the seasons you'll eventually get a different view...ha ha.  Or once it gets warmer I'll get some shots from above the house.




No comments: