Friday, December 11, 2009

Playing 12-11

This morning the temperature was 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning and my meteorologist man determined after doing his research on the internet that the rain had passed and we would be in the clear for a bit…so we went for a walk. Even with it being warmer, with it being so wet it was still COLD so I grabbed my knit cap on the way out the door.

On our walk we go by a big empty field that runs all the way to the highway. Every time we walk past there with the sounds of the traffic shooshing in both directions it reminds me of my childhood. It reminds me that we didn’t have television programming that we cared about except for a few hours on Saturday morning, on one local channel after school for about an hour and that was it for us kids in the 60’s. My sister and I and sometimes a neighbor kid would spend hours playing in the field…squishing down paths in the weeds and then flattening larger areas for “rooms”. Most times we brought certain toys with us, dolls or old blankets or paper, books and pencils depending on if we were playing that we were horses, or playing school…those were the days. Parents today would be horrified…so would most kids….laugh! I know we loved it.

We walked as far as the Lucky store where I bought my coffee and then we headed back, it started to rain before we got back but it stayed a light gentle rain…just enough to dampen us a little…I was glad for my cap.

I spent a couple hours on the computer updating my Facebook stuff and playing with my fish tanks on that silly Fish World game that is an application on Facebook.

I also blocked a youth blanket I had finished knitting…there are a few ways of doing it but for this one I laid it out, uncurled the edges and took my steam iron to it and let the heat and steam do their job. After drying it gets folded up and is ready for its new home.

Andrea came by after Connor’s doctor appointment…he is doing great of course…he is 10 lbs and 9 oz. now and I have never seen a baby like to stretch like this boy does…gotta keep those muscles flexible during all that growing.

After the baby went back to sleep his Mom left to run some errands, she came back and had some dinner with us, fed that bottomless baby again, he went back to sleep and so Mom left him with us again while she went to spend some one on one time with Ian before she brought him back to spend the night with us. Connor had a nice sleep on our bed. Andrea offered to let Connor spend the night too...NOT.

Now Ian is showered, we are showered and we are watching The Bee movie for the bazillionth time. Ian and Seth both like it and they don’t have it so EVERY time they spend the night we get to see it at least once…woo hoo!

No comments: