Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to All! 12-24

Merry Christmas everyone...I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday and that you can be happy with however it turns out!


Today was sunny with clouds scooting across the sky, it was cold and at some points windy. We did more exploring today and surprised ourselves once again by deciding to look at something that we had written off sight unseen....and we should know better, if one stays open to the possibilities you never know what will work for you and this still may not, but time and contemplation will tell.

Crazily we decided to go to Super Walmart...ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! It was very busy, but everyone is so nice here. We had to laugh because it was like watching buzzards circling their target...people rimmed the jewelry counters and the electronic center making their choices. The lines were long at the checkouts but not as bad as I've seen on the news in big cities. Quite a few of the shelves looked picked over. You heard many people telling each other Merry Christmas...it was a nice experience.
This evening the owners of the RV park had an open house with wonderful home cooked tamales, posole, beans and rice, hot beverages, sodas and desserts. All very nice people, many here in the park have been here many times before and there were friends from the area...so good food and an opportunity to meet more people.

Afterward we left to drive through Tularosa to experience their luminaria display. It was phenomenal....thousands of sand filled paper bags lit from within by glowing candles lining over a mile of the four lane highway on both sides and ringing the median strips and on top of buildings and fountains and walls....we were all allowed to drive through without our headlights on to better enjoy the spectacle. I wish I had high speed internet so I could post the video I took, my slow satellite won't do it I'm afraid. I can't imagine how many people it took to pull that off and they do it every year. If I figure out how to snag a frame from the video I'll at least try and get a picture posted...(I did it, though they are blurry)








Another long yet productive day doing things we enjoy...can't ask for more!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Val, your descriptions are wonderful! I can just 'see' your day and experiences!

This time of year always gets to me a bit, I find myself remembering all the good times Jim and I shared, and longing for them again. I guess that is just how it is when you have such good memories!

It sounds like you and Larry truly are 'living your dream'....that is wonderful! Enjoy every moment. I intend to do the same wherever I find myself.

Here in San Jose with Lenny and her family I am cozy, warmed by their love, enjoying the holiday.