Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tire day in San Antonio 3-6-07

Today was another chilly morning. No exercise for us, we had an appointment at the tire place. Our horse needed new shoes. We took a walk while waiting for the truck to be finished. The tires we just replaced were Toyos and they didn’t last two years. Larry wasn’t too happy with that (I know nothing about tires, I’m guessing less than two years is a bad thing). He replaced them with Firestone’s Transforce A/Ts. We had gotten Transforces put on the trailer last summer and he has liked how they have been wearing. These balanced a lot better than the old ones.

So after we finished that we went to Target because I was looking for a book called “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne. They were out of it so then I had to stop at Starbuck’s…HAD TO, to get a decaf-latté. It had been over a month since we were near a Starbuck’s!!!

Then we headed on up the road to the mall where there was a Waldenbooks. They had the book, yippee! We were lucky because they keep selling out of it. We walked around the mall and by the food court I found a Mastercuts Salon and went in there to get my hair cut. I was waaayyy overdue. My hair had gotten really long and I kinda felt like an English Sheep dog. Larry sat at one of the food court tables and got started reading “The Secret”.

About that book; Larry and I have studied the principals written about in this book and try to live by them because we know they work, but we wanted to scope it out and it is always good to have positive reinforcement!

So anyway, my haircut turned out really nice. She took about three inches off the length, it just brushes the top of my knit shirt and the way Larry keeps reacting to my new “do” I should have had it cut eons ago! He makes me feel like I’ve been hiding in a hair-bag or something. That is what happens when the evolved male doesn’t give his opinion!

We split a sandwich at Quiznos, I bought a new Yankee Candle (juicy watermelon) and then headed on down the road to Costco. Stocked up on meat and Cherrios and then headed for home. The most we have accomplished in a long time! We have enjoyed being “holed-up” the last several weeks, though we suspect that will be coming to an end soon.

Gonna go for now, gotta watch the sunset. It is always so pretty in the southlands. Larry just got done making a lovely fruit salad,…that may end up being dinner seeing as I am sitting here typing away!

No comments: