Monday, March 05, 2007

Cousins & Sisters 3-5-07

I just found out that my cousin Darcy is being released from the hospital today. It has taken three weeks in the hospital for the blood thinners to get her blood thinned enough that she could go home. I haven’t talked to her since being released, but I am sure she is thrilled. Her life has most certainly changed direction since her accident and she is anxious to get going with it!

Last night we learned that my youngest sister Christi has been in the hospital since Feb. 22nd. She has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome which is an auto-immune problem. It affects the nerves and she is paralyzed right now and can’t speak or move. I guess she has been ill for some time, but this is really serious. Lori, my sister the nurse, has been in contact with the medical people caring for Christi. There are a lot of other factors involved that are affecting Christi’s health. She is in the ICU at O’Connor Hospital in San Jose, California. Lori and I only found out because Andrea was in Christi’s cell phone and she received a call yesterday from Christi’s landlady. Anyway Lori and I just thought we would let you all know. There is nothing anyone can do for her right now.

No comments: