Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day 2-14-07

Happy Valentine’s Day. I am decorating today’s entry with my pictures of my favorite flower.

We are having horrible weather here. Last Wednesday was the last day we saw the sun and it was over 70. We’ve had lows higher than the high’s and highs lower than the lows. Today it was 41 all day, it creeped up to 43 for about an hour and then back down. With the breeze, I did not stick my head outside all day. I made a lovely broccoli/cauliflower soup in the crock pot and tried to stay warm.

Larry found a couple old diaries in the box of photos and they were pretty entertaining and very sad at the same time. It was from 1987, which was a really hard year for us. Larry was in a lot of pain from his second back surgery the previous year, we were ham-strung financially waiting for Larry’s disability case to be settled, Larry’s Dad died in Feb. from a massive heart attack, Michelle was going through some weird, throwing fits at bed time thing (she was 3), I sprained my ankle badly coming out of our trailer on our second day of a camping trip, we had various vehicle troubles, my horse was being a pain in the butt, the weather was weird and my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Those were only the biggest things, there were other more minor things, like Larry having to shoot a neighbors dog, Larry was going to doctors appointments and physical therapy, my sister moved to Michigan, we were eating and breathing smoke during the worst fire season in history, births, I quit my job cleaning houses and the entire year was colored by the grief of Larry’s Dad being gone.

Diaries are fabulous things. Quite a few things I had forgotten and we were amazed at what transpired in one year. There was one day where I had written about how fast the girls were growing up, Andrea was seven and that before I knew it I would be writing about their marriages, well here I am 20 years later writing about THEIR children. Wow! These 20 years feel like a blink.

Also the last few days we have been trying to figure out the dates of a lot of our photos. I was horrible about writing dates on the photos! Plus there were a few years when I had three different cameras and by the time the film was printed one roll could cover an entire year; confusing at times. Larry was dating a lot of the pictures by the kid’s teeth, whether they had any or not, it was pretty funny. Hair lengths helped some too.

So that was our Valentine’s Day, a trip down memory lane, great soup and now a great dessert!

No comments: